Thursday, July 31, 2014

"Christmas in July" Challenge from The Greeting Farm Blog

I've always considered myself more of a scrapbooker and only made cards when the occasion warranted it.  However, the thought of making layouts seems very daunting when you've been away from it all for a while.

Then a friend started me on making cards as a way to ease myself back into crafting.  A couple of months ago, my friend introduced me to The Greeting Farm stamps and I instantly fell in love with these adorable images.  Since I bought a few stamps, my friend thought I should be introduced to Copics next and there goes all my spending money for the next 5 years!

So I've been you-tubing, and reading all the ins and outs of Copic colouring.  I've been practicing like crazy and thought I would try participating into the Christmas in July challenge that The Greeting Farm has on their blog.

Here is my attempt with Holiday Anya:


Since I gave her red hair, I didn't want to go with the traditional red and green as I wanted her to stand out.  So I thought I would give her a more "frosty/icy" look by giving her a blue dress with light grey fur.  In keeping with the theme, I decided to go with a icy/wintery seasonal theme.

 I've used Stickles to give the holly berries some sparkle, and a dab of silver Stickles for her clasp so that she has a bit of bling!
 I looked through my stash and found some Queen & Co felt fusion ribbon so cut out these felt snowflakes to the card.  To add some dimension and sparkle, I've used a wee bit of Stickles here as well.

Now that I've done one...I must start on my Christmas cards.  It's never too early!

No comments:

Post a Comment